Word Cleaner will allow you to:
- Automatically convert Word files (doc & docx) as well as odt, rtf & any text based files such as html, txt, xml, csv etc.) to xhtml, html 5, html 4, txt, csv & epub. It will convert all tables, images and other content of Word files.
- Convert PDF files to HTML, but only when Office 2013 is installed.
- Automatically clean up existing HTML files.
- Create/edit conversion templates to allow you to perform powerful tasks such as find and replace/delete code/text.
- Use the command line feature to automate tasks.
Microsoft Word files are the most common way that clients and users will give you information to put on the web. Word does have a ‘save as web page’ feature but the problem is that the HTML files that are created contain a lot of unnecessary code that simply increases the size of your files. In the past web designers and webmasters have had to clean out the code by hand – even tools such as the ‘clean up word html’ command in Dreamweaver are not very effective.
It’s important to note that the clean HTML feature can be used to clean up any HTML code or document, not just pages created with Word.
We are web designers ourselves, who spent a lot of time converting our client’s Word files and cleaning them up for use in their websites. We searched the web for a tool to automate the process but we couldn’t find one, so we decided to build a tool ourselves.
The result is Word Cleaner, a utility designed by web designers to meet the needs of web designers.
How to use the program
Word Cleaner is a very simple program to use, but it is also an extremely powerful program that you can customise to meet your own needs. At a basic level Word Cleaner has 4 main features:
- Convert Word documents (.doc, .docx, .odt, .rtf & any text based files such as .html, .txt or .pdf etc.) to XHTML/HTML5/HTML/TXT/CSV/EPUB files
- Clean up existing HTML Pages
- Create your own conversion templates
- Powerful find and replace function
Need help? We can create your custom templates for you. Just tell us what you need it to do and we can code it. Basic advice is free, for more complex work there may be a small fee. Contact us for details.